Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ello, Mr. Snakey

I was in my basement messing with that slide show I just put up, and all of a sudden my mom comes running down stairs freaking out. "YOUR DAD IS OUTSIDE PLAYING WITH A SNAKE." Ummm......well now, that's different. Went upstairs, opened the front door, and there I see him in the middle of the yard next to his lawnmower with a stick in his hand, snake hanging from the end of it. I was a bit confused, but at the same time concerned. I'm definitely not wearing flipflops out in the yard anymore....*shivers*. Apparently when my dad was mowing the lawn, some birds swooped down and started to peck the snake, so my dad saved him. Well we wanted to know what the thing was and whether he was poisonous or not, so we did our research for about an hour, and I found out he was a Northern Brown Snake. Completely harmless and not aggressive. We put him in a box so he could move around and so we could look at him a little longer. My mom HATED him with a passion. Even if it's adorable and harmless like the one we found, she doesn't care. "The only good snake is a dead one," she says CONSTANTLY. I petted him and he was extremely smooth. My brother tried to feed him a worm, but he wasn't hungry. Not too long ago we decided he needed to go back to freedom, so we took him outside and released him into the forest. Cute little fellow, isn't he?

No comments:

Photobucket
Myspace Graphics
Myspace Graphics
I have a challenge for you guys! Megan and I got through an HOUR STRAIGHT of this, how long can you last? You aren't allowed to stop watching, even for a fraction of a second. If you have to go to the bathroom, take your iPhone with you. If all fails, just turn the volume up loud enough so you can hear it. Comment on the Nyan Cat post and tell me how long you lasted!