Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kayaking Trip

Sunday. the day after we bought them, we went kayaking. We asked one of my mom's friends if we could go to her house to use them, and fortunately she said yes! We ended up going to Lake Anna, a really beautiful lake somewhat close by. My dad put both of the kayaks on top of the car, and I was overjoyed. I wasn't nervous like everyone else because I've been canoeing before. It's sort of alike. When we got there, I put on my Intimidator 305 hat, some sunscreen, and claimed a boat first.We only bought two kayaks for a family of four, so we all took turns going out into the lake. It was easier than I thought to get in. I was expecting it to be super uncomfortable, but it felt just fine! Paddling was really easy too. The rest of my family had to get the hang of it to be able to steer themselves properly, but I was pretty good from the start. Kayaking can be hardcore, or pretty relaxing. I raced all of my family members to the shore a few times, and I won each time. It was also really nice to just sit in the middle of the lake a chill. The waves and the view was really relaxing. I hope to go back really soon, because I think kayaking might be one of my new favorite things to do.

1 comment:

MOMMY ROOSTER said...

OMG I <3 KAYAKING TOO!!!!! My parents took me to go kayaking like six times this year!! IT IS SO FUN!!!!!! I wish I had a lake near my house.....wait is there one?!?

Photobucket
Myspace Graphics
Myspace Graphics
I have a challenge for you guys! Megan and I got through an HOUR STRAIGHT of this, how long can you last? You aren't allowed to stop watching, even for a fraction of a second. If you have to go to the bathroom, take your iPhone with you. If all fails, just turn the volume up loud enough so you can hear it. Comment on the Nyan Cat post and tell me how long you lasted!